When you right-click any shortcut, and select Pin to Taskbar a new shortcut is pinned in the Windows taskbar. The problem with this is the large amount of space between those shortcuts. There’s no way to actually modify that space, but there is a work around that can eliminate the extra space.
- Right-click the taskbar, and select Toolbars|New Toolbar
- In the Folder field, select a folder for the toolbar or simply paste ‘%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch’ if you want the standard items.
- Make sure you toolbar is unlocked, right-click on the new toolbar, and uncheck Show Title and Show text.
- Look to the left of your pinned icons and grab the dotted divider and drag to the right, past your new quick launch toolbar and drop.
- Now grab the same divider and drag to the left.
- Right-click on any shortcuts in the original toolbar, the one where the shortcuts are pinned to, and select Unpin from Taskbar.
That’s it! Just drag and drop any shorcuts you want in your new toolbar.